Benevilla, the premier West Valley family and senior services non-profit agency, announces an exciting lineup of free educational events for caregivers and senior community members looking for information and resources, taking place throughout the second half of 2021. Included in the schedule are numerous interactive Educational Workshops and their November Caregiver Connect Event, a live, interactive conference for family caregivers.
From understanding grief and elder law planning to in-home care and estate preparation and tax tips, participants of the Benevilla C.A.R.E.S. Educational Workshops Series will receive valuable information from local industry experts who can address individual questions as well. Here’s a look at the event schedule:
- August 11th – Understanding Grief and Mourning
- September 8th – Elder Law Planning
- September 29th – Where to Turn When Living at Home Is No Longer an Option
- October 14th – Smart Gifting Strategies
- October 20th – Caring for Those with Dementia
- October 26th – Getting Your Affairs in Order
- November 5th – BENEVILLA CAREGIVER CONNECT EVENT
- November 16th – Year-End Tax Planning Tips
- December 2nd – All About AZ Tax Credits
- December 8th – How to Choose the Best Independent or Assisted Living Community
All these Benevilla events are free to attend, but reservations are required. Until further notice, Benevilla will host these educational workshops via the Zoom online platform. Each workshop features carefully selected professionals who can answer your questions and provide guidance and resources you may need to prepare for senior life changes, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information about a topic, visit the full event schedule (www.Benevilla.org/community-events) on the Benevilla website.
If CDC social distancing restrictions continue to moderate, the Benevilla Caregiver Connect event will take place as a live, in-person event on Friday, November 5th from 9:00AM until 1:00PM. If public in-person gatherings are still limited then the event will be held as a live, virtual online presentation. You can join the event on “Facebook Live” and ask questions live at facebook.com/CityofPeoriaAZ. The event will also live stream on the web at www.peoriaaz.gov/PeoriaTV and you can tune into Cox Channel 11 or Century-Link Channel 8509 to see it as well. In either format, this free educational event provides family caregivers with support, expert guidance, and valuable information to assist them on their caregiving journey.