Benevilla, in partnership with Home Instead Senior Care®, is offering the City of Surprise and surrounding communities a chance to spread joy to local seniors by giving them Christmas gifts they would not otherwise receive. Through their virtual “Be a Santa to a Senior®” program, community members can now go online, choose from a senior’s wish list and purchase gifts to be delivered directly to their home by Home Instead and partner organization volunteers. It is easy to help. Here is how it works.
- Visit the Home Instead virtual Christmas tree at “BeaSantatoaSenior.com” and enter in your location by zip code or city and state.
- Click one of the virtual Christmas tree bulbs to view a senior’s gift request(s) for this holiday. There are currently over 150 to choose from. Local seniors are members of the Benevilla Home Services program.
- Purchase gift(s) requested on the senior’s virtual wish list directly from Amazon Prime or better yet, AmazonSmile where a percentage of your purchase will be donated to Benevilla as well.
- When checking out be sure to click on the “B.A.S.T.A.S.’s (Be a Santa to a Senior) Gift Registry Address for delivery.
- Choose the free standard shipping option.
- The gift will be delivered to your local Home Instead Office in Surprise. Home Instead Senior Care and partner volunteers will wrap and deliver the gift(s) to your designated senior.
Since the program’s inception in 2003, the “Be a Santa to a Senior®” program has mobilized more than 65,000 volunteers, provided approximately 2 million gifts, and brightened the season for more than 750,000 deserving seniors nationwide.
“The “Be a Santa to a Senior” program is another collaborative way we want to show our support and passion for helping older adults in the West Valley,” said Joanne Thomson, President and CEO of Benevilla. “Just making sure they have a small gift to celebrate their holiday enhances their independence and reminds each community member they are cherished this holiday season.”
“Be a Santa to a Senior” is a true community collaboration, with generous support from area businesses, nonprofit organizations, retailers, numerous volunteers, and members of the community. This is the 2nd year, the Home Instead Senior Care Office serving Surprise, Wickenburg and the surrounding areas has partnered with Benevilla with gift collection and distribution.
“While it may seem like a small act of kindness, it can really make a difference for someone this holiday season,” said Julie Huebner, Owner of the Surprise Home Instead Office. “Watching seniors open the gifts they received through the “Be a Santa to a Senior” program and seeing the smiles and appreciation on their faces is one of my favorite parts of the holiday season.”
For more information about the program, visit BeaSantatoaSenior.com or call 623-223-9215.
ABOUT HOME INSTEAD SENIOR CARE:
Founded in 1994 in Omaha, Nebraska, by Lori and Paul Hogan, the Home Instead Senior Care® network provides personalized care, support, and education to help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, this network is the world’s leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with more than 1,100 independently owned and operated franchises providing more than 60 million hours of care throughout the United States and 11 other countries. Home Instead Senior Care offices employ approximately 70,000 Caregivers worldwide who provide basic support services enabling seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible. The Home Instead Senior Care network partners with clients and their family members to help meet varied individual needs. Services span the care continuum – from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer’s care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources.